- DAY 1 - Arrive in Kathmandu
You will be met at the airport and taken to the hotel
- DAY 2 - In Kathmandu
Free day in Kathmandu for equipment preparation.
- DAY 3 - Drive to Besisahar, change the vehicle from Besisahar to Dharapani
Today will be a long hour drive to dharapani 9/10 hours’ drive.
- DAY 4 - Trek to Karche
Breakfast at the lodge. Today our walking adventure starts. We start our trek from Dharapani to Karche passing through beautiful villages – Tilche and Gho. It takes around 6/7 hrs. walk.
- DAY 5 - Trek to Bhimthang
You climb up the valley through the primaeval forest until you reach the scree of the end moraine of the Bimtang Glacier, which you have to traverse beneath a steep slope. On a clear - DAY, you can have a wonderful view over to the North and West Faces of Manaslu. The rest of the way you will follow a vegetated moraine ridge to the small summer pastures of Bimthang (3,700m), a very idyllic place with landscape views.
- DAY 6 - Rest day in Bhimthang
To increase your body adaption in high elevation, we have a rest day at Bhimthang. We take a short hike to Ponkar Lake 4100m.
- DAY 7 - Cross Larkye Pass 5135m, and trek to Dharamshala/Samdo
Today we start early as we have a long day walk. After an hour walk the ascent will get steeper and on the way, you enjoy the magnificent views of the surrounding high mountains, Kang Guru (6,981m), Gyachi Khang (7,074m), Nemjung (7,140m) and Panbari (6,905m), before you reach the pass, lushly decorated with prayer flags. The descent on the other side is rather flat and easy – but very long. Over the pasture of Larkya Phedi (4,460m) finally, you reach the small hamlet of Samdo (3,850m) at the foot of the pass.
- DAY 8 - Trek to Sama Gaon
After the exhausting walk yesterday, it is only a short stretch through the broad river valley of Buri Gandaki today, down to the beautiful village of Samagaon (3,530m). All of the time Manaslu (8,163m) has been towering majestically over you.
- DAY 9 - Rest day in Sama Gaon
Today we have a rest day at Sama Gaon. For the active hikers, you have an option of taking a short hike to Pung Gyen Gumba – around 4/5 hrs walk which offers the impressive south face of Manaslu.
- DAY 10 - Hike to Basecamp
With fresh porters from Sama Gaon, you will take on the steep ascent to your home for the next few weeks. Passing a scenic icefall and through thickets of the birch forest, you will reach a long moraine ridge that takes you to basecamp (4,800 – 5,000m) at the foot of the enormous Manaslu Glacier. Upon reaching basecamp; you are welcomed by our camping crew.
- DAY 11-13 - At Manaslu Basecamp
Two days are at leisure to acclimatize your body. Our climbing guide team will do the thorough check of the climbing equipment’s, oxygen bottles, masks and regulators and the safety equipment.
- DAY 14-35 - At Base camp Climbing Period
Rest - DAY – Puja – climbing training
- Climb to camp I (spend overnight)
- Touch Camp II and descend to Base camp
- Climb to Camp I (spend overnight)
- Climb to Camp II (spend overnight)
- Touch Camp III and descend to Base camp
Rest - DAY at Base camp
Rest and prepare for the summit push
- Climb to camp I (overnight)
- Climb to Camp II (overnight)
- Climb to Camp III (overnight)
- Climb to Camp IV – start at 7 am – reach by 3 pm – rest for 10/11 hours – start for summit at 2 am (next - DAY)
- Climb overnight at reach summit around 6-7 am and descend to Camp II
- Descend to base camp
- Packing and clearing the Base camp after summit
- DAY 36 - Trek from Base camp to Sama Gaon
Descend down to Sama Gaon
- DAY 37 - Heli flight to Kathmandu